This April, join the Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) as we recognize National Bilingual/Multilingual Learner Advocacy Month. As the populations of bilingual and multilingual learners (MLLs) continue to grow, we want to celebrate their accomplishments, affirm the assets that they bring to the educational environment, and advocate for the resources they need to succeed in school and life.
Explore the resources below on multilingualism, bilingual education, newcomers, and sources for finding student data. We've also created a social media toolkit that you can use to share resources from OELA, the U.S. Department of Education, and other organizations in the field.
- 2022 Social Media Toolkit
- OELA Infographic: Benefits of Multilingualism
- OELA Fact Sheet: Dual Language Learners in Early Care and Education
- OELA Fact Sheet: English Learners and Critical Languages
- OELA Podcast: Dual Language Education – Part 1
- OELA Podcast: Dual Language Education – Part 2
- OELA Podcast: English Learners in Secondary Schools – Part 1
- OELA Podcast: English Learners in Secondary Schools – Part 2
- OELA Newcomer Toolkit
- Policy Briefs: Bilingual Education Across the U.S.
- Infographic: Recognizing Bilingual Knowledge Through Biliteracy Seals
- Focus on NAEP: English Learners and NAEP Assessments
- Common Core of Data
- Digest of Education Statistics